No products in the cart.
General Info for Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
Tragically each year a number of individuals are fatally injured due to carbon monoxide being emitted from their heating appliance. Investigations into these tragic events carried out over many years have clearly identified the main factors that have contributed to these serious incidents
Carbon monoxide Factors can be identified thus:
- Blocked Flue ways within the appliance.
- Blocked Chimney.
- Blocked flue pipe connecting the appliance to the chimney.
- Leaking chimney.
- Lack of ventilation.
- Lack of appliance maintenance.
- Appliance misuse.
Carbon monoxide is a colourless and tasteless gas, which is the product of incomplete combustion of carbon based fuels such as coal, gas and oil. It is harmful if breathed in and may result in death if present in sufficient quantities or if a person is exposed for a sufficient length of time. This gas is always present in large quantities in the smoke/fumes from any solid fuel appliance while under fire.
Warning signs of Carbon monoxide
Carbon monoxide poisoning and common flu seem a lot alike at first. Early warning signs of low-level poisoning include tiredness, headaches, dizziness, nausea or vomiting and shortness of breath. The skin may also turn pink or red in response to rising blood pressure. If an individual is feeling any of these symptoms, ask other members of the household if they are feeling ill. If so, All may be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning and should talk to a Doctor immediately.
- Open all doors and windows.
- Allow the fire to burn itself out.
- Evacuate the building immediately.
- Contact a local expert to investigate the cause.
- Do not relight fire until the problem has been resolved.
Please come along to our stand at the National Ploughing Champs to learn more about Carbon Monoxide Awareness. Please note you should have a Carbon Monoxide Detector alarm fitted in your house as an extra safety feature. We have a full range of Carbon Monoxide detectors in store starting from 29.95. Protect your family and your health now.